The Firm Collaborator feature allows you to assign additional users to a Matter. A collaborator may be another Attorney, Staff, Billing or Intake person, Docketing Manager, or Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
To add a Firm Collaborator:
- Click on the Matter No in your Matters list to open the Matter Details, then navigate to the Contacts tab and click the Firm Collaborators tab.
- Click + in the yellow action bar to display the Add Collaborator modal.
Complete the fields:
- Enter or select a User from the drop-down list.
- Assign a Role that is specific to the user.
- Slide the toggle to the right if the user would like to receive Notifications.
Customizing Firm Collaborator Roles
- Select Firm Settings from the drop-down menu beside your avatar, then click Matters & Contacts from the vertical menu bar and select Firm Collaborator Roles from the expanded menu.
- Click + to create New Collaborator Roles.
Firm Collaborators are also filterable in Matterscapes, therefore collaborators can create their own Custom Views.
Create a new Matterscape, then select Collaborators from the Matter fields.
- Click the filter icon to the right of the Collaborators' field and select the appropriate collaborator.
Now, this view will only consist of Matters where “Robert E Dupont” is a Firm Collaborator.