These steps walk you through some updates that will need to be made in your NetDocuments account, so you can access files stored in NetDocuments through your CARET Legal account.
Setting Up a Profile
- In the Admin section of your NetDocuments account, select the hamburger menu icon (three horizonal lines) in the upper-left corner.
Click Profile Attributes from the drop-down menu that displays.
Click Create and add an attribute for "Client" (must use lookup table):
After creating the Client profile attribute, add a profile attribute for "Matter" (this too requires “use lookup table”, and should set "Link to parent" to Client)
- Additionally create a Profile Attribute for Responsible Attorney, Practice Area and Location. All should be of type Text and Use lookup Table.
The steps below are required for any Cabinets you wish to use in CARET Legal.
At the top left, click on Define workspace templates.
- Select Matter for Base workspaces on this attribute.
- Select the Enable workspaces in this cabinet checkbox.
Click Save Templates.
- At the top left, click on Define workspace templates.
Each user will need to integrate his/her individual account with NetDocuments.
This integration allows users to create a matter in CARET Legal, as well as a workspace in NetDocuments and have the two linked with a single click.Linking Existing Workspaces to Matters
To integrate an existing Workspace in NetDocuments with an existing CARET Legal Matter: