When creating a New Matter, you may assign a status to the case.
- Navigate to the Matters section and select + from the action bar.
- Complete the required fields indicated with a purple bar, and optionally assign a Status to the Matter from the drop-down list.
- Hold - Deal with it at a later date.
- Open - Should be selected once your firm has been formally retained.
- Pending -May be assigned to a Matter when the firm has yet to be retained but there is some data or information pertaining to a case (For example, after an initial consultation, but before a retainer agreement has been executed).
- Closed - When a Matter has been resolved the Status should be changed to Closed.