Trust Checks are used to make disbursements directly out of funds in trust for a particular matter. For example a Matter expense such as Court Fees.
CARET Legal does not allow you to use the standard Check/Hard Cost feature to draw from a Trust Account.
To create a Trust Check:
- Click the Accounting icon in the navigation bar to access the Accounting section, then select the Banks & Registers tab.
- Click + in the green action bar and select New Trust Check from the menu that displays.
- Click in the top menu and select New Trust Check from the Quick Add menu.
A New Trust Check modal displays.
Complete the fields:
- Enter or select an Account and Matter from the drop-down lists. Only a single Matter can be selected per check.
- Enter or select the recipient from the drop-down list in the Payable to field.
- Use the calendar controls to enter a Date.
- Enter an Amount less than or equal to the amount in Trust for that Matter.
- Click Save & Close or Save & Print.
You can view your Matter Ledger under the Ledger tab in the Matter details.