Workflow Templates are accessible from Firm Settings > Events & Calendar Rules > Workflow Templates.
Capability is limited to Enterprise Plus & Enterprise Advance users.
- Click the ‘+’ to create a new workflow template.
- Enter a unique workflow template name and select one of more practice areas. The description is optional but will help guide firm members to understand its intended use case.
- Click the green button on the workflow canvas to start adding events and tasks to the workflow template.
New Workflow Task
- Task Subject: This is prefilled and can be adjusted as necessary.
- Due Time: Defaults to 5PM (in firm’s time zone).
- Description: This text will appear on the task when it gets added to the firm member’s to do list.
- Assigned By & To Roles: Roles are assigned as part of the template and actual firm member names will be assigned only when the workflow has been kicked off for a matter.
New Workflow Event
- Subject: This is prefilled and can be adjusted as necessary.
- From & To Times: Defaults to 9 AM to 10 AM (in firm’s time zone).
- Description: This text will appear on the task when it gets added to the firm member’s calendar.
- Attendee Roles: Roles are assigned as part of the template and actual firm member names will be assigned only when the workflow has been kicked off for a matter.
The first step added to a workflow template will act as the Anchor step. This is the known date, and it is the day the user will be asked to specify when the workflow is kicked off. All other dates in the workflow will be calculated around that date.
Any subsequent step can be promoted to act as the anchor, but each workflow can have only one anchor.
Adding subsequent steps to a workflow template will show an additional pane with the dependency settings. This defines how the newly added step is related to the other steps on the workflow template.
Reading from top to bottom describes the dependency settings.
- By default, the subsequent step is set for 5 Business Days After the previous step has been Completed.
- If changed from Business Days to Calendar Days, the user can then define what to do in the event of it falling on a weekend or federal holiday.
Completed // Scheduled
The dependency settings can be set to create the subsequent step based on the previous one either being scheduled or completed.
- When “Completed” is selected, the previous step must happen before the next one will be assigned to a firm member.
- When “Scheduled” is selected, the subsequent step will be created at the same time as the previous one.
Save Workflow Template
When the necessary steps have been added, click “Save” to be able to make use of the new template.
Trigger New Workflow / Track Workflow Progress
A new “Workflows” tab now appears on all matters.
- Click the ‘+’ to start a new workflow for the matter.
- A list of available workflow templates is displayed and filtered to the matter’s practice area.
- Use the filter at the top to select another practice area.
- Click on any row in the list to expand to show the workflow description.
- Click the Play button to start the workflow.