Inevitably you will find that you have Clients with past due balances that may need a gentle reminder of what they owe you. If you are still working on their matter, this Outstanding Balance
can be displayed on their recent invoices by enabling "Total Matter Balance" or "Total Client Balance" in your Invoice Customizations
If you need to send out reminders to clients that still have Outstanding Balances, but do not have any new Invoices, we suggest sending out a Statement of Account. This can be printed on a per Client/Matter basis.
- Navigate to the Accounting section, then select the Reports tab and click on the Client Reports filter.
- Select Statement of Account then choose a client from the Select Client drop-down list and click the Print icon.
To do this for multiple clients, we suggest using the Bulk Billing Center
. Through the Bulk Billing Center, you can either use the email blast function to send a Statement of Account
out to Clients via email or use the Print
option to print a complete set of their statements.
- To get a full list of all the Clients that have Outstanding Balances without recent invoices, navigate to the Invoices & Payments tab under the Accounting section.
- Click "Bulk Billing Center" or + on the action bar and select Bulk Billing Center to display the Bulk Billing Center modal.
- For a complete list of Clients with Balances (not just clients where Email PDF is the Delivery Preference) choose the Print option, and select Statements of Account.
The dates selected under Select Date Range is important as it determines which Clients should be omitted. You will want to choose the most recent billing period in this section. It will then exclude any Clients that have balances from the selected date range (i.e. current balances). These Clients should have received a new invoice with that invoice date, so they are aware of their balance. If you choose "Show All" it will omit anyone with balances within any date range, which you do not want to do.
- Click Next > to display the Bulk Billing Center modal with filter options. These include the Delivery Preference, Responsible Attorney, Practice Area, Matter, Client, and Billing Group.
If you used the email option for blasting the statements, Clients with "Email PDF" as the delivery preference would have already received it.
- Click Next > to view a list of all the Clients with balances within your filter criteria on a per-Matter basis.
- Click Print & Close to print those statements.
- A large PDF of all the statements for each of those Clients is created. When the PDF is generated, you will receive an email to download it from View Batch Invoices at the top of your invoice list.