To record soft costs in CARET Legal:
- Click at the top to access the Quick Add menu and select New Expense (Soft Cost).
- Click on the Time icon to access the Time module. Under the Expenses tab click + and select New Expense (soft cost) from the drop-down menu.
- The New Soft Cost modal displays.
Complete the fields by entering or selection an option from the drop-down menu
- SOFT COST TYPE
- EXPENSE DESCRIPTION
- UNIT PRICE
- DATE - Use the calendar controls to enter a date.
- Select the checkbox beside BILLABLE to enable this feature.
- Optionally, click Attach a Bill/Receipt and browse to the file location to attach. The number of Attachments displays in the footer.
- Click Save & Close to complete the process, click Save & New to save and begin the process again, or click Cancel to close the modal without making any changes.
If a new Soft Cost was created it now appears in the list under the Expenses tab in the Time module.